Anna Li, UCLA Vs. Georgia

Anna Li, UCLA Vs. Georgia
The Visual Definition of Amplitude

Monday, January 11, 2010

Beginner: My Recreational Gymnastics Career

Yup, I may actually get to practice the sport I love! Ever since I saw the 2000 Olympics (before I learned all about the controversy and so on), gymnastics' huge skills have appealed to my love of difficult acrobatics and the technical in-and-outs have appealed to my obsessive need to analyze things. And now for the first time, I'll get to dive onto the mats myself, hopefully starting this spring.

Yes, technically I was a gymnast when I was little, but by that, I mean that I got to mess around on a beam and bars for a few hours after school. Being nearly 18 means I'm way too old to start competition, but recreational gymnastics sounds like a fun way to get back into shape after much time off from athletics.

I'm looking at a gym called the St. Louis Gym Centre in Webster Groves. Apparently it's been in operations since 1972, and the facilities look great. And I don't mind being new to a sport, I've done the same thing with lacrosse and volleyball, and I ended up being a Junior Varsity starter for my high school volleyball team.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment